Hours | Charges | Unacceptable | BurnPit | Recycling
Physical address: 369 Water Street, West Newfield
(Click here for a printable PDF file)
- Wednesday: 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 a.m..- 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Televisions: no charge (until further notice)
- Toilet: $5.00
- White goods: $15.00 each - Includes: air conditioners, dehumidifiers, freezers, refridgerators
- White goods: No Charge - Includes dryers, hot water heaters, stoves, washers, microwaves, dishwashers
- Demolition: $25.00 per pick-up load $120.00 per dump truck (up to 3 yd) - $5.00 minimum charge - Demolition Only
- Shingles: $10.00 per square yard
- Furniture: $7.00 upholstered sofa, $5.00 upholstered chair, $4.00 mattress
- (All furniture must be broken down before being placed in containers. If not broken down, prices double)
- Hot Tub: $25.00 (Cut $12.00)
- Fiberglass Tub & Shower: $10.00 (Cut $5.00)
- Universal Waste:
- Computer Monitor: $5.00
- Computer/CPU: $3.00
- Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers: $2.00
- Microwave: $5.00
- Printers: Small $3.00 — Large $5.00
- Fluorescent 2'-4': $1.00 Each — 6'-8' $1.50
- Coated Lamps: $2.00 Per Foot
- PCB $5.00
- DEHP $5.00
- Magnetic/Electronic $5.00
- Tires: $2.00 up to 19.5", $5.00 19.5" and up, $60.00 Truck tires - tractor trailer etc., $150.00 Balloon tires, $350.00 Skidder
- Paint: Please contact Transfer Station Attendants
- Auto body parts
- Car batteries
- Motor oil or oil drums
- Propane tanks or drums
- Maximum size of wood is 4" in diameter
- no lumber
- no demolition or debris
- no plastics
- no stumps
Click here for a printable PDF file
TOWN OF NEWFIELD
Zero-Sort® Recycling Program
(Acceptable Materials List)
(No separation or sorting of materials needed – it all goes into the same recycling container located at the Transfer Station – please make sure containers are rinsed and free of food.)
Acceptable Materials -
Newspapers, Magazines, Catalogs, Telephone/Soft/Hard Cover Books, Direct Mail/Envelopes (all types), Paper (all colors, staples/paperclips are ok), Paperboard (cereal/shoeboxes), All Corrugated Cardboard/Brown Paper Bags, Milk/Juice Cartons, Plastic Bottles and containers Numbered 1-7 Soda/Juice/Water Bottles (glass or plastic), Milk Jugs, Bleach/Detergent, Shampoo Bottles, Food Containers (cottage cheese/margarine/yogurt), Glass Bottles/Jars (any color), Aluminum (pie plates/trays/foil), Metal Cans (tin/steel/aluminum), empty Aerosol containers.
Acceptable Rigid Plastics -
1 and 5 gallon buckets WITH handle attached, Milk/Soda crates, Laundry Baskets, Small Plastic Trash Bins (up to 5 gallon), Plastic Toys, Landscape Trays, Plastic Plant Pots, Kitty Litter Buckets, Children’s size Rigid Pools.
Please note: Any and all rigid plastics must have a little bit of give to the plastic when attempting to bend.
The following items are not acceptable as recyclables, but are acceptable as waste and can be put into the designated waste container(s) located at the Transfer Station.
No plastic bags/film, plastic grocery bags, stretch wrap, Styrofoam.
No foam packaging, ceramics, window glass, mirrors, light bulbs, dishes, Hard, brittle plastic is not acceptable (i.e. monitor, keyboards, some children’s toys).
For more information on Zero-Sort Recycling, please see an Attendant at the Transfer Station, or contact a Customer Service Representative at Pine Tree Waste (toll free) at 1-888-857-0800.
Transfer Station Hours:
(Memorial Day thru Labor Day)
Wednesday 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.