Permits | Building Codes | Meetings | Land Use & Zoning Ordinance
Shoreland Zoning Ordinance
Norm Hutchins Code Enforcement and Shore Land Compliance Officer
No Building Permit for any building or structure on any lot shall be issued except to the owner of record or his authorized agent. The proposed construction or alteration of a building or structure shall comply in all respects with the provisions of the Town Of Newfields Zoning Ordinance, or with a decision rendered by the Zoning Board of Appeals or Planning Board.
Any application for such a permit shall be accompanied by some or all of the following required documents as required.
- $25 Application Fee Submitted with this application. Building Permit Fee determined after review of application.
- Copy of Deed for property.
- A letter of authorization if other than the property owner applying for permit.
- Copy of plans (8 112 x 11) drawn to include elevations, floor plans for All floors including basement, framing plans (see code enforcement forms), engineered truss plans including but limited to roof and floor where applicable (see code enforcement forms), and all outside accessories (shed, decks, stairs, stoops and porches).
- A completed Building Permit Application with site plan (available anytime the Town Office is opened)
- "Approval for Construction" by DES for a Waste Water Disposal System if applicable
- Driveway Permit Application if applicable. 8. MAINE DES Shore land Permit Approval if applicable.
- Road Release Form for Private Roads.
ALL NEW STRUCTURES AND DRIVEWAYS MUST BE STAKED OUT IN THE LOCATION WHERE THEY ARE TO BE CONSTRUCTED.
ALL PERMIT APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED AND ISSUED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF SUBMITTAL OF A COMPLETE PACKET OF INFORMATION. ALL PERMITS ARE SUBJECT TO APPEAL OR REVOCATION 30 DAYS AFTER ISSUANCE. COMMENCEMENT OF WORK WITHIN THE 30 DAY PERIOD SHALL BE AT THE OF THE PERMIT HOLDER/PROPERTY OWNER.
Contact Code Enforcement Officer
Every Tuesday at 3 pm to 8 pm at the Town Office