Image Collage  

Town Clerk

637 Water St.

Newfield, ME


Town Clerk

Code Enforcement

Fire Department

Schools & Library

Road Commissioner





Resource Links


Vehicle Renewal | New Vehicle Registration | Voter Registration
Birth/ Death Certificates | Tax payments | Animal Control Officer





2014 Commitment Book

2014 Real Estate Tax Bills

Location: 637 Water St., Newfield, ME 04056

Mailing Address: PO Box 62, W. Newfield, ME 04095

Telephone: 207-793-4348       Fax: 207-793-2162



  • Current registration
  • Valid - Current Proof of insurance
  • Current mileage
  • If you do not have insurance card, the fee is $2.00 for you to have it faxed to us by your insurance company.


  • Bill of sale
  • Valid - Current Proof of insurance
  • Mileage
    • vehicles 1995 or newer require title certificate
    • remember NO new registrations 15 min. before closing.


Drivers license with physical address. If driver’s license lists a Post Office box, Proof of residence is required: Proof can be electric bill, lease agreement etc.


Questions & Answers

  1. How do I obtain copies of birth, death, fatal death, marriage, divorce, and domestic partnership records?

    By law, Maine vital records less than 100 years old are considered to be private, In order to inspect these documents, or to obtain copies, an individual must prove that they are permitted by law to do so. Those authorized to view or obtain a copy of a vital record include:
    • The person named on the record,
    • The person's spouse or registered domestic partner
    • The parent(s) named on that record,
    • Descendants of the person named on the record (including children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren to the most remote degree),
    • The legal custodian, guardian, or authorized representative of the person named on the record, and
    • Genealogists who have a researcher card issued by the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Office of Data Research and Vital Statistics

    Effective July 12, 2010, all individuals requesting copies of these records must present positive identification and, if requesting the record of a patent or grandparent and you are not a registered genealogist, proof of direct lineage.

    Registered genealogists may only obtain a non-certified copy of a record, unless they can meet the above requirements for obtaining a certified copy. They may only view or obtain a copy of a birth, death, or marriage record.

    Records100 years older, or older, are considered public records and. informational copies can be issued to anyone requesting Them.

  2. Why do I need to present positive identification when requesting a record?
    With most requests for records are honest attempts to obtain one's own personal documentation, some are not, some are attempts to obtain information and document's needed to assay another person's identity. These documents can be see to obtain driver's license, state photo ID, social security card, and passport under the assumed name, opening the door to credit card, bank and tax fraud; mail theft, and social security and insurance fraud. The requirement that you provide positive identification when requesting a copy of a record helps to protect you and your family from this type of crime.

  3. What are acceptable forms of identification?
    Acceptable forms of identification include a driver's license, passport or other government issued photo identification.

  4. What If I do not have an acceptable photo ID?
    If you do not have acceptable photo identification, you may present two items with your name on it from the following list: a utility bill, a bank statement, a car registration, a copy of an income tax return, a personal check with address, a previously issued vital record or marriage license, a letter from a government agency requesting a vital record (for example, the Maine Department of Health and Human Services), a Department of Corrections identification card, a Social Security card, a DD214, a hospital birth worksheet, a license or rental agreement, a pay stub (W-2), a voter registration card, a Social Security disability award letter, a Medicare or Medicaid insurance card, and school or employee photo 1D. Other forms of identification listing your name, date of birth, and address may also be considered.

  5. How would a person demonstrate direct lineage?
    In order to prove direct lineage when requesting records concerning your parents or grandparents, a copy of your birth certificate will identify your parents. If your parents were married, this document can be used to obtain a copy of your parent's marriage record, which should identify your grandparents.

    Other acceptable proof of direct lineage could include a hospital or physician's record of birth or death, a baptismal record, school enrollment records, military records, court records, a family bible record; a newspaper engagement, marriage or birth announcement, an obituary, a U.S. Census enumeration record, an insurance application, or an affidavit.



              Tax bills are mailed in August and are now due biannually on the following dates October 1 and March 1.  Interest begins October 2 on the first half only.  Please call for the current amount due if paying after October 1.  There will be NO REMINDER NOTICES SENT - YOUR TAX BILL IS YOUR ONLY NOTICE. 

              Any payment received is posted, deducting the current interest first and the remainder is applied to the principal, any balance is the principal amount which will accrue interest daily.  We accept postmark dates.

              Contact Newfield Town Office at 793-4348

              By mail: PO Box 62, West Newfield, ME 04095

              Overnight: 637 Water Street, Newfield, ME 04056


             Wade Andrews-  Contact number - cell 207-459-0369